Thursday 25 April 2013

5 Random Facts About Me

"Will you join in our crusade?
Who will be strong and stand with me?
Beyond the barricade,
Is there a world you long to see?"
-
Les Miserables Soundtrack; Do You Hear The People Sing?
(I can't seem to stop singing songs from Les Mis.)


Last week, the lovely Kristen from Making Each Minute Count tagged me in 5 Random Facts About Me. I'm finally getting around to it, so let's do this thing!

1. Pet Peeves: Nail biting
My biggest pet peeve is when people bite their nails. If I know you and I see you biting your nails, I WILL tell you to stop. It's disgusting. Just don't.

2. I will only eat a PB&J Sandwich if I'm starving
Everyday, for eight years straight, I had a peanut butter and jelly sandwich for lunch at school. The day I got an allowance and was allowed to buy my lunch, I was the happiest kid ever.

via
3. I used to be a runner
I competed in cross-country races when I was a kid and always came in the top ten. Now, although I run on the treadmill for short distances, I don't enjoy running for extended periods of time. That could change though!

4. I have a brother who is 15 years younger and a brother who is 15 years older than me
If you read my "about me" you know I have a brother who is 15 years younger than me. Well, I also have a brother who is 15 years older than me. I only met him a few years ago, and he's got a family of his own, so we're not super close.

Little brother and I three years ago
5. I'm Canadian, eh?
I'm a third generation Canadian. My mom was born in England and has a Lithuanian background, but my dad and his parents were born in Canada. I always wished my background was more exciting!
(Just because I'm Canadian does not mean that I live and breathe hockey.)

Andrew and I at a Toronto Raptors (basketball) game.
How un-Canadian of us.
Now to pay it forward!
The five people I'm tagging are:

Elizabeth @ Undeniably, me.
Amanda @ Rhyme & Ribbons

Have fun ladies!

13 comments:

  1. I'm from Buffalo, pretty close to the border, and we live hockey here! When I go down south and talk to people, they think I'm Canadian because of my 'accent'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tag! I pick at my cuticles when I am stressed, it's a very bad and gross habit! I try to keep my nails painted so I pick at that instead!
    Also, peanut butter is my favorite! I can't eat bread but I eat it by the spoonful at least once a day!
    I have traded running for yoga but I have 2 races coming up so my yoga teachers are not going to be happy!

    xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, being a runner is seriously impressive! I tried to go on a run once with my boyfriend...basically we went a few blocks then had to turn around and buy me a milkshake.
    That's so funny how everyone pictures Canadians being obsessed with hockey (I know I do lol)
    Thanks for tagging me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your number one pet peeve refers to me. Boo you. Thanks for the tag. I shall do it tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lithuanian/English/Canadian still sounds exciting!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cool that your Mom was born in England! That is an awesome heritage to have! Love this post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks like fun. I'm excited to do it. Although I am ashamed to say I am a nail biter. Rationally I know it's disgusting, but when I am stressed I just do it without thinking. If your mom is English do you have duel citizenship? xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the tag :) Nail biting...never! The sound makes me sick and oh its just gross thinking about. I'll admit when i was a child I'd do it but now, forget it.

    PB&J, I never bought lunch and that was always my choice. I do eat it now but that's only because I stay at school both days and probably wont like whatever they have in the cafe. I don't eat it at home though, weird! Haha I love the dancing banana. I know his name but for the life of me cant remember. I used to watch this show with my ex boyfriend Andrew but that was years ago

    I think I've mentioned I'm French Canadian. That's so cool your mom was from England. I actually think I have relatives from there too. I got a bunch of other stuff in me too. Brian likes to sing the Canadian hockey song alot...his dad gets mad!

    Can you get any more beautiful? Seriously!


    ReplyDelete
  9. This may be a fun thing to do. Great facts about you. I know you'd tell me to quit with the nail thing. I have a bad habit of it. bad nervous habit. Hope you have a great weekend to come.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am happy to say I stopped biting my nails a few months ago...wooo hooo to having cute nails to paint hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  11. yay Canada! I hate when people say we must love hockey... so not true.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I admit it...I used to be a nail biter. A very bad one at that! I sometimes catch myself still biting. But not nearly as bad as I used to. The e card is hilarious! :)
    I'm not a fan of pb and j either.
    You and your little brother are adorable...such a sweet photo!
    Xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great post!! And your background does sound amazing....a mom from England.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thanks for making me smile!