Friday 13 December 2013

December Holiday Parties

The middle of December generally means holiday parties. I'm good with that. Here's what I'm high fiving this week:

one. Christmas market. One of the holiday parties we went to this weekend was held at the Distillery Direct which is a really lovely part of Toronto. Right now, the Distillery District has a Christmas market (which includes a Ferris wheel and a merry-go-round). We didn't get to explore much of it because we stayed later than expected at the party, but we did take a picture in front of the giant Christmas tree.
two. Andrew. Andrew is a volunteer pilot for a charitable organization. They provide flights for less fortunate individuals that have medical ailments and can't afford to fly into Toronto on their own for the healthcare they need. His good karma came back around as he won a prize at this organization's holiday party!
three. gift baskets. So many gift baskets in the office right now. Om nom nom.
four. food. Parties mean food. Lots of food. We took home a whole platter of sandwiches after one since there was so much food left! Sweet.
five. Misty. For the most part, Misty ignores small dogs. When this little Yorkie came over, Misty tried to give him a chance. He wasn't having it. Neither was she. I think it's adorable. 

Thanks to Kat, I'm obsessed with this song now; it's what I'm going to backmyazzup to. 


Have a great weekend!

 photo H54Fbutton-1_zpsa7aaa665.pngxoxo Rebecca

14 comments:

  1. Look at that amazing Christmas tree! That's so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That tree is so pretty - look at you going to all these holiday parties! Christmas is the best :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i LOVE the distillery at night/during christmas. we took our wedding photos there and the red brick backdrop was beautiful.

    so.... andrew flies people places? please tell him to come to my house every morning before work so he can take me there because i really hate traffic mmmkaythanks. :D i swear, these airplane jokes never get old (for me. for you, maybe) haha!

    -kathy
    Vodka and Soda

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have our work holiday lunch today! I'm excited!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i hear you on the gift baskets! this time of year in the office is difficult to eat anything but sweets!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is awesome that Andrew donates his time like that! What a stand up guy!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i could use some christmas baskets at the office right now!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this time of year because of all that you've said! Christmas parties, yummy holiday food, family, fun! What an awesome week! (: found you from h5ff! hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. that tree is beautiful! And that's a lovely thing that Andrew volunteers to do! X

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those sandwiches look so good right now. l LOVE that Christmas tree!! It is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Distillery district? That sounds wonderful. And from the looks of it, it is!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aw, your husband is awesome for doing that. I love that your blog posts always include FOOD. YUM. Yes Tis the season to stuff our faces with cookies and goodies from customers at work! (Luckily- I'm not working and trying really hard to rid my house of the Christmas baking I've done.)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love that tree! What a sweetheart your husband is for doing that. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've been to the Christmas Market the last few years but never made it this year! I'm still upset about it!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thanks for making me smile!