Friday 13 September 2013

Never Move Past 9pm

Getting a home, and moving into it, with the person you plan to spend the rest of your life with has proved to be more stressful than I had anticipated. Part of this may be due to the fact that I've spent half a decade living on my own and I'm not used to having to share my home decorating ideas with another person. The other part may be due to the fact that we both work full-time and the last thing you want to do after work is move.

Although we live together now, I had lived in our current apartment on my own, before Andrew moved in with me. This new apartment is our home, which means we both have to agree on things, compromise and sometimes put our pride aside. 

If our little arguments have taught me anything it's that we can both find ways to agree on things. I'm also going to be extremely happy when this move is complete. Which for the record, it isn't.

A good tip? Never do any moving after 9pm. You're tired. You should rest instead. Trust me on this.

Thankfully, there's lots that I liked about this week!

 one. That message on my TV? It means I have officially no longer have cable. This was a bittersweet goodbye; the lazy in me will miss it but the rest of me won't. The internet will provide me with entertainment and I won't be supporting the horrible cable company here known as Rogers. I'm without internet now for at least a week and a half though. Thankfully I have the internet at work!
two. We started painting, went through a hiccup in the painting process (thanks to the wall stripping) but found a way to deal with it. Good job us! And good job picture frames that cover imperfections on the wall.
three. Got the bedroom set in! Now to get the mattress in..
four. My office building gave out a free lunch this week. It was pretty sweet.
five. That big hunk of furniture is my couch (I say 'my' because I was the one that really, really wanted it)! Now the hard part... Putting it together.

Can you guess what I plan to do this weekend?

Let's #backthatazzup with something other than Miley Cyrus. Am I only one sick and tired her?
Roar by Katy Perry on Grooveshark

As always, have an amazing weekend everyone!
 photo H54Fbutton-1_zpsa7aaa665.pngxoxo Rebecca

13 comments:

  1. ROGERS SUCK MAJOR BAG. they have the WORST customer service ever!!

    -kathy
    Vodka and Soda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've thought about canceling our cable so many times! Maybe I just need to bite the bullet and do it. I hate our cable company here (in AZ) too. And I can only speak for myself here but no, you're not the only one sick and tired of hearing about Miley Cyrus...but Katy Perry's Roar totally makes up for it! Love that song! Stopping by from H54F =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh, moving is just not fun all-around. I've moved way too many times in the past two years (think: into four different apartments and two halfway-across-the-country moves) and I'm sick and tired of it. Signing a year's lease was probably the most thrilling part of my last move - knowing I can't go anywhere for a WHOLE YEAR! haha!
    xox
    giedre

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't moved in a while, but I remember how terrible it was. Can't wait to see pics of the new place!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What color are you painting your room!?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it must be an international cable phenomenon that all companies have awful customer service! Free lunch at work though is pretty sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good for you guys!! When do you have to be out of your current place? I feel like you told me but I forget. I'm kind of nervous when Brian and I get our own place. I'm pretty sure Brian will go with the flow as long as he has a room to play PS3 and watch hockey. But just the fact we've been together 4 years and havent lived alone together yet. I figure though, the fact we dont have much stuff means I get to go shopping :) Good for you on the cable!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have a feeling I'm going to be saying the same thing when Rene (I'll use his real name with you ;) ) comes back. It's difficult going from decorating however you want to having to take another persons opinion into account as well(ie. a MAN which is difficult in of itself).

    Good luck this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree with Amanda that cable customer service must suck everywhere. Like really, is there some magical place where all cable service is quick and easy and doesn't involve half of your day? If so, I may move there.

    ReplyDelete
  10. When my new roommates moved in we all decided to get rid of our cable! It was expensive and entirely unnecessary with all the online websites you can use to watch your shows. But omgzzzz that food looks SO yummy. And free?? Holla! My boss's last day was today so they had a bunch of food for her; I was in heaven in all it's freeness, hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  11. i'm with ya on moving late! i've helped friends move until the early hours of the morning and it feels like a truck ran over you by later that day! that lunch looks awesome! hope you get to catch some zzz's this week! xoxox
    maria

    ReplyDelete
  12. Moving is exciting. I too am struggling with no longer living alone lol BTW I am so loving that song right now! Ever since the VMAs I have played it mult. times a day:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I agree, anything like that after 9pm is no good! I don't have cable either, I subscribe to Netflix, hulu plus, and amazon prime, then watch whatever else on the internet.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thanks for making me smile!