This couldn't have come at a better time, since lacking home internet makes me lack on writing posts (and including awesome pictures from my computer to said post). Fortunately, I can write this one while I'm at work, so let's get to it!
For the sunshine award, you must:
Acknowledge the nominating blogger: Hey, Amanda. Thanks! You're awesome!
Share 11 random facts about yourself.
Answer 11 questions the nominating blogger has created for you.
List 11 bloggers. They should be bloggers you believe deserve some recognition and a little blogging love!
Post 11 questions for the bloggers you nominate answer & let all the bloggers know they've been nominated.
11 Random Facts About Me:
1. I can't sleep with socks on. I also think the idea of socks in bed is gross. Your socks are dirty. I don't want that dirt in my bed.
2. I did a political speech when I was nine-years-old. I was on the news and in the paper for it. I had absolutely no idea what I was talking about and was just reading a script that my mom had laid out for me. Basically, I was bashing the political party that my dad and his side of the family supported. Since my dad was the one with the VCR recorder, I didn't get a recording of my speech.
3. I failed grade 9 history because I never went to class. I did it again in summer school and got an A.
4. Nail biting is my single biggest pet peeve. Slow walkers are close behind. Ha! That's a double entendre.
5. I still don't have my full drivers license; just a learners permit.
6. I hate going out in the rain if it means my hair is going to get wet. It drives Andrew crazy. I know it makes me sound like I'm stuck up, but really, it takes me an hour to straighten my hair. I don't want to have to do that all over again!
7. I really enjoy playing video games, but I'm pretty picky about them. Once I find one that I like, I don't want to stop playing it.
8. I've never gone for a blood test because I'm terrified of needles in my vein. I can get a flu shot or any shot where the needle goes in the arm, but not in my vein. Just thinking about it gives me a panic attack.
9. Fortunately for me, I've never had to go to the hospital for myself. /knock on wood it stays that way.
10. Although I've never had to go to the hospital, six years ago I tore my left shoulder. It was a combination of cleaning tanning salon beds, followed by my job at Blockbuster, where I held 20-30 DVDs at one time in my left hand. The pressure of those two actions caused the shoulder tear. Certain activities causes the pain to act up again and it's frustrating to deal with.
11. I'm allergic to caffeine and I can only handle it in really small doses. If I drink a small coffee, I get really dizzy and my hands start to tremble. To get my caffeine boost I drink tea or sugary coffees like french vanilla, cafe mocha's, etc.
1. What's one thing you're currently looking forward to?
Being finished with this move! It's exhausting and I just want it to be over with.
2. What is your favourite post on your blog?
Probably my first one (which you can read here) because it shows how motivated I was to actually blog. Also, because that's the only post of mine which Andrew ever commented on.
3. Who is your best friend and why?
I don't know why they say dogs are "mans" best friend. Misty is totally my best friend. She's loyal, a great listener and I can cuddle with her whenever I want without coming off as a creep.
|Can you lay down on your best friend?|
I'm a saver. A huge saver. I feel guilty spending large amounts of money. The first time I got a bonus, I spent less than 5% of it. It'll all be worth it when I'm spending my savings on a house though, one day.
5. What's your favourite joke?
It's not just the joke, but the reaction to it:
Me: "Simba was moving too slow, so I told him to Mufasa."
Theresa: "Too soon, Alex."
Haha, I'm not over Mufasa's death yet either.
6. What's one hobby you'd like to learn but haven't?
Is dancing a hobby? I really want to learn to dance!
7. What's your favourite part of the day?
When I crawl into bed. There's just something incredibly relaxing about my bed. I love that feeling.
8. What's your favourite dish to order at a restaurant?
My favourite food ever is pasta. I always want to order it, but then I feel guilty if it's something I could have made myself. Steak is always my next choice. I love steak!
|Our meal in Vancouver. So delicious!|
My original answer was too serious. So I'm going to go with those pants I spent over $100 on back when I was 17. I'd make sure I didn't buy those pants. It was a waste of money and I never actually wore them. I still regret it.
10. Who is your imaginary celebrity bestie?
Besides Lights? Melissa Joan Hart. You know, the girl who played Sabrina the Teenage Witch. She seems super down to earth and like a lot of fun. We'd get along well.
|A celebrity who is actually "real"|
The Lion King. Confession: When it came out, I watched that movie every weekend for about a year. I memorized pretty much every line from it. I may have been slightly obsessed.
1. You're offered a year off work, with pay. What do you do in that year?
2. What's one thing you can't do, but really wish you could?
3. Would you rather live in a house or a condo?
4. What was your favourite vacation?
5. What was your favourite subject in school?
6. Do you have a favourite drinking game? If you do, what is it?
7. Hiking or swimming?
8. Which celebrity bothers you the most?
9. Best memory?
10. Fruits or veggies?
11. Do you ever get tired of blogging?
Who I'm Tagging:
Kat at Us On Cloud 9
Emily at Inhabit Your Moments
Katie at Mr. & Mrs. Foster
Elizabeth at Undeniably, Me.
Kristen at Happiness Is a Mood Not a Destination
Jennifer at Bubbly & Buttercream