Monday 15 July 2013

Where's Our Pirate Ship?

I woke up this morning thinking it was Sunday. Man, was I disappointed when I realised it was Monday.

Get ready for a picture overload of my weekend recap!

Friday.


Went out with friends for food and drinks along Toronto's harbourfront.


Enjoyed this gorgeous view and probably had a bit too much to drink.


I successfully painted Rudy's pinky nail. It was a proud moment.

Clearly, the table agrees. Look at that smile on the table!

Saturday.


Saturday, Andrew and I went back to the Harbourfront with the intention of going on a boat cruise. The boat cruise was supposed to be on a boat that looked like a pirate ship (which of course made me think of Elizabeth and the time she blogged about the pirate ship she found). As luck would have it though, we didn't get the ship we wanted (called the Kajama). The Kajama was booked for a private event. Instead we got this:


This is the smaller version of the Kajama. We were disappointed but still made the best of it and took way too many pictures.

Making the most of the smaller boat

Andrew and I with a view of our beautiful city in the background

I love Toronto
After the boat cruise, we went out for lunch and then met up with friends for a quick flight and dinner.

 Andrew's meal is on the left. Mine is on the right. I liked his better than mine so we switched. Yum!
Boys hard at work in the background.
What does a girl do while she waits for a plane to start up? She takes selfies. Obviously.


Our dinner consisted of way too many wings.

Sunday.


When the weather is beautiful, and your boyfriend is a pilot with his own aircraft, it only makes sense to take advantage of it by going flying. On Sunday, we flew to Buffalo, with a friend, for lunch.

Looking out the window on take off
Toronto in the distance

The US Marine's aircraft, which Andrew parked his plane beside. Their plane is gorgeous!

Olive Garden: It always disappoints me yet I always go back.
How was your weekend?

Linking up with Sami

12 comments:

  1. I love how you guys just casually hop on a plane and go somewhere. That must be the best! Aw thanks for mentioning me, even though it wasn't a pirate ship, it still looks like a fun cruise!

    Olive Garden really should be called Disappointment Garden, because it sucks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's awesome that you just get to hop on a plane to Buffalo! That's so fun!! Looks like a good food weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow you had a fantastic weekend!!! jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks like an awesome weekend! so cool that you got to go on a private plane for some lunch. love that!
    -- jackie @ jade and oak

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your pictures of Toronto are beautiful! And I agree with everyone that being able to say you hopped on a plane to meet someone for lunch is just awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Toronto looks amazing! I would love to go there someday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Toronto is beautiful! I'm so so jealous that you have access to a plane at any time, that is really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think Rudy's pinky nail might have needed a second coat.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So you hopped a flight to grab lunch and went to Olive Garden? I admire your commitment to warm breadsticks and salad.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that you can just hop on a plane when you want to. Very awesome. I used to like Olive Garden when I was younger but having a sister who worked at one for several years, I just don't enjoy it as much.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This seriously made me smile :) Sounds like you had an awesome weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. you are always having so much fun and soaking up the moments with your loved ones!
    i love the photos of you (and andrew)!! and your teal dress!
    wishing you a wonderful weekend, alex!
    can't wait to read about it and see photos! xoxox
    maria

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thanks for making me smile!