Thursday 27 December 2012

Happy Holidays (& Boxing Day summary)!

"Rather than making resolutions, set new standards for yourself. Resolutions fade, but standards are met."
- A quote on the board at the gym

I had originally planned on posting a semi-controversial piece on the fact that December 25th is not the actual birth date of Jesus Christ and questioned why (as well as pointed out reasons in which) it was celebrated on that day. But, my intention is not to offend anyone, in any kind of way, so I chose not to.

Instead, I want to wish everyone a safe and happy holiday! I hope everyone had a great Christmas/Chanukah/Kwanza/<insert whatever holiday you celebrate here> and that we'll have an awesome New Years Eve!

I'd also like to point out the fact that EBGames did not have the awesome sale on previously used games that they did last Boxing Day. Last year, if you bought two used games they were 20% off, three used games were 30% off, four used games were 40% off and five used games were 50% off. As someone who only buys used games/borrows games from friends (I can't convince myself to pay full price for a new game when I can just wait and get it half-price. Sure, someone else had their grubby little paws all over it, but they also may have appreciated it more than I did. Not that I don't appreciate a good game. Where am I going with this? Clearly, I haven't quite woken up yet. Moving on) this was a great deal for me. This year though, the only deal was 30% off specific games. Which is great if they're games you like/don't already have/haven't already borrowed from your oh-so-loving friends, but that wasn't the case for me.

I did manage to scoop up some good Boxing Day deals though! I got a pair of heels from Spring for only $15 (and a pair of boots for $60. Down from $100) and a Guess purse for $56 (plus tax - original price $129). I may have spent a little too much on a Roots activewear outfit (meaning a tank and a training capri. The top is similar to this one), which I have yet to try on. That ended up coming to just over $50. Overall though, I think I did pretty well! Andrew managed to get a nice pair of dress shoes for $25 that he's super excited about.

The purse I bought



Did you manage to get any good Boxing Day deals? Or did you avoid the crowds?

1 comment:

  1. Love the quote, love the purse.

    I avoided the line ups and crowds on Boxing Day by stuffing my face with duck and pastries :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thanks for making me smile!