Thursday 28 March 2013

Happy Substitute Friday!

 "No ceiling to my sky, just open space to fly
Every time I'm feeling down, I turn it back around."
- Nicole Scherzinger, Boomerang
Am I the only one super excited to have tomorrow off work? To everyone who has Friday and Monday off work, I envy you. This girl is back to work on Monday. To those of you who aren't off tomorrow or even Monday, I send you my sincerest condolences.

However, since I am off tomorrow, and the other half and I celebrate our four years of being together on Monday (yes, on April Fool's Day. If our relationship is indeed a joke, it's got to be the longest running joke ever), we've decided to take a little getaway. We've been accused of making small things into a big thing, but hey when your boyfriend owns not one, but two small aircraft's you have to go big or go home, right? What's the fun in having two planes if they're just going to sit on the tarmac all year? Plus, life is short and all that other junk. Might as well enjoy it!

Last summer, with his baby
Last night, I did all the important stuff to be ready to go:

* I cleaned
* I did my taxes - all on my own! The first time not using an accountant. I'm so proud.
* I got caught up on the Walking Dead (can we say AMAZING episode?)
* I nearly set the house on fire:

Note to self: Don't put a towel near a burner. A burner with the heat on.
Now that I'm all ready to go, I just have to get through the rest of the day!

And for Throwback Thursday, let's go back to when I was nine:

Yes, I did get made fun of for wearing those glasses.

Can anyone guess where these pictures were taken?

It's hard to tell, but I'm on Saved By the Bell. I'm a superstar. I know.

 photo blog2_zps186f8496.png

13 comments:

  1. Hahaha um the towel thing is definitely something I would too! Thanks for linking up with us today ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! Today is friday for me :) I did my taxes on Monday and I was super proud of myself. It was way easier than I thought it would be so next year I won't put it off as much. aaaand I'm getting money back! Wooohoo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't have tomorrow off, but I hear we will get to leave early. *fingers crossed*

    Thanks for linking up today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1-So this girl right here will be working tomorrow and Monday...f'ing boo!! Seriously, its a holiday weekend people!
    2-I envy your time off ps
    3-Happy Anniversary :)
    4-And I did my taxes on my own too...seriously we have too much in common! :)
    5-Oh and I love it!

    Have a great weekend! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woah he has 2 planes!? What does he do!!?? Do you ever ride it? OK too many questions. Sounds like a lovely weekend xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cool he has two planes! Lucky! Yay for having tomorrow off :)
    New follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Saved by the Bell! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. so awesome you were on saved by the bell!! i still could watch that show over and over. :)
    glad you liked the walking dead!!
    happy anniversary!! i hope you both have an amazing getaway!! it's always wonderful to celebrate! xoxox
    maria

    ReplyDelete
  9. My uncle was a pilot growing up and we used to go flying on Sundays. I remember stopping at little local airports and getting a soda can from the machine. Isn't that ridiculous what you remember?

    Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. He owns planes! How exciting! Sam and I bonded over Saved by the Bell and his first gift to me was Dustin Diamond's biography. (That's embarassing...)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love Nicole Scherzinger!! And that pic of you and the plane is too cute!! Hope you have a wonderful weekend!
    Adrienne

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow it sounds like you and your boyfriend will have a lot of fun this weekend! That's cool that he owns two aircrafts!
    I think that's so funny....I have never done my taxes on my own, so good job!

    have a great weekend!

    p.s. I love those throwback thursday pics! LOVE disney!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am your newest follower :)

    the photos are great and I am shocked I haven't burnt my house down yet!

    Jay
    xo

    Young Mum's Guide To Survival

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thanks for making me smile!