Wednesday 13 February 2013

Toronto "Kissing Booth"

"Kiss me like you want to be loved /
This feels like we're falling in love."
- Ed Sheeran, Kiss Me
With Valentine's Day tomorrow, it's hard to avoid anything related to it. Newspapers, in particular, love promoting this "holiday."

While reading the Toronto Star today, I came across an interesting article: Valentine’s Day: Toronto shop sets up 3D kissing booth

Now, I'm not one to give up a reason to kiss my sweetheart (PDA aside, of course. Seriously, that's gross. Don't do it) so I was intrigued to find out more. In case you don't feel like reading the whole article, I'll sum it up for you.

It's a pop-up event that was started by Hot Pop Factory. They teamed up with Draft Print 3D, a 3D print and scan service, and the clothing store Untitled & Co, in order to come up with the idea. Basically, the "Kissing Booth" allows couples to capture their affectionate moments with each other, in the form of a 3D image. This image is made out of plastic and can be produced in forms such as a bobble head or statuette. For a cost of $50-$90 a pop.

If you're interested, but would rather have a 3D image of just yourself (or you and your friends), don't be intimidated. It's not just for couples. As the Star states, it's open to "anyone willing to strike a pose."

You can find the booth at 717 Queen St. W., inside the Untitled & Co clothing store.

Maybe if Andrew and I are in the area, we'll check it out. I can't see us going out of our way for it though. If they could take images that have already been taken and turn them into statuettes, I'd consider it, as a cute gift idea. It looks like Draft Print 3D might be able to, but the 3D Printed Friends they advertise on their website don't look all that appealing to me. The Two-Story Spec House looks awesome though!

Image by Draft Print 3D {link to: http://www.draftprint3d.com}



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Thanks for making me smile!